These very tasty muffins are perfect to enjoy for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Serve them with salsa and cashew cheese, or jazz it up with a salad and a side of sun-dried tomatoes.
- 3 free range or organic eggs
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vegetable stock paste
- ¼ cup coconut or almond milk
- 2 cups chopped pumpkin (about 1cm cubes)
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon pink salt
- Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Line a 12-cup muffin tray with baking paper squares or patty papers and set aside.
- Place eggs, oil, stock and milk in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add pumpkin, zucchini and onion and stir to combine.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to vegetable mix and stir to combine.
- Divide mixture evenly between muffin cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre of a muffin.
- Remove muffins from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Serve warm with a salad and a side of cashew cheese.
- Hide the vegetable in this recipe by finely chopping them in a food processor before adding dry mix.
- For extra greens, adda handful of parsley or herbs.
- These muffins freeze well but are best serves warm.
- if you don’t have vegetable stock concentrate, you can use 1/2 a stock cube instead.